Tuesday, July 05, 2005

Some functions about J9 JVM

I try to run the sun’s applet example on my PDA, the example I used it ArcTest which include main function. I found it can not run class directly, like: j9 -cp ArcTest.class,it doesn’t work.. However, it can run jar file, something like: 255#"\Program Files\J9\PPRO10\bin\j9.exe" "-jcl:ppro10" "-cp" "\applets\ArcTest\arcTest.jar" ArcTest. It does work., but I need to transfer the class file into jar file on PC firstly. I checked the sourcecode of ArcTest, It seems that J9 support java.awt.* and java.awt.event.*, which is a good news for my project. And I see a news say J9 doesn’t support the pen pointers. It is not a good news, because most situation, We need to use stylus to select buttons, lists, etc. see the link to get detail http://forum.java.sun.com/thread.jspa?forumID=80&start=127&threadID=408223 . and another news is J9 support CDC,so I have more choice to design the code.

No comments: